by Greg Roth
The holidays are over, a new year is upon us, and SMI Radio is back with a brand spankin’ new episode.
We’re ushering in 2013 with new music and interviews with two brilliant Northwest artists.
For seven long months, Ben Union has been writing tunes and slaving away in the recording studio – and is finally ready to unveil the new music to the masses live.
On this week’s episode, we welcome our friend Ben back to SMI Radio. Ben stops by to talk about making the newest record, This Blessed Union Volume II, and play his favorite tracks. Ben and the boys celebrate the release of their latest effort Saturday, January 12 at the Crocodile. (100 tickets are available for 21 and under)
In the second half of the show, we take you backstage to Nectar Lounge to chat with electronic pop outfit, The Fame Riot. Glitter twins, Liz Scarlett and Shazam “Tea Time” Watkins discuss their catchy sound, their unique fashion sense and eclectic musical influences. We will feature some of some fresh tracks from the dynamic duo as well.
The Fame Riot will be performing at the Ben Union Record release show along with Aaron Daniel. The event will also feature guest appearances by previous SMI Radio guests, Tess Henley, Guy Keltner of Fox and the Law Greg Floyd of Whiskey Syndicate, Matt Brown and Ayron Jones, Also, Travis Barker of Elk and Boar will make and appearance.
For past episodes of SMI Radio on the go, click on any of the icons below…
Listen to SMI Radio streaming each week…
- Thursday night at 7:00pm (Pacific Time) / 10:00pm (Eastern Time) on: NWCZ Radio
- Saturday morning at 10:00am (Pacific Time) / 12:00pm (Eastern Time) on: Seattle Wave / Night Out Radio
- Saturday night at 11:00pm (Eastern Time) / 8:00pm (Pacific Time) and then again at 3:00am (eastern time) / midnight (Pacific Time) on: SRocks.com (Philladelphia)
- Wednesday night at 9:00pm (Eastern Time) / 6:00 (Pacific Time) on: Rok Out Radio (Scranton, PA)
- Wednesday night at 9:00pm (Pacific Time) / midnight on: Seattle Wave / Night Out Radio
You may also dig...
Powered by Facebook Comments