by Greg Roth
Those familiar with Mary Lambert already know that she’s an artist who bares every aspect of her soul through her art, be it music or spoken word.
But if Mary Lambert is new to you, you might not have known that her moving performance on the single, Same Love, from Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ The Heist, played a huge part in helping pass the marriage equality bill in Washington state.
Now, her own EP is out. Letters Don’t Talk is a stunning confession of sadness, anger, and hope, and holds a mirror up to society, demanding nothing less than naked honesty.
On this week’s episode of SMI Radio, we take you inside Bedlam Coffee for a revealing look into Mary’s heart. She talks about how her life has changed since the release of Same Love and her performance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
Mary also opens up about her spiritual life, the distinctions of crafting songs versus slam poetry, and her upcoming tour that will take her to the East Coast.
If you can’t make it to Fremont, check out the photos of Mary playing the Seattle Living Room / Melodic Caring Project show from January 5th…
The second half of this week’s episode features a visit to the rehearsal space of The Local Strangers. Aubrey Zoli and Matt Hart are coming off an exceptional performance at Doe Bay last weekend, and they open up about how they formed their musical partnership and created their newest record, Left For Better.
For past episodes of SMI Radio on the go, click on any of the icons below…
Listen to SMI Radio streaming each week…
- Thursday night at 7:00pm (Pacific Time) / 10:00pm (Eastern Time) on: NWCZ Radio
- Saturday morning at 10:00am (Pacific Time) / 12:00pm (Eastern Time) on: Seattle Wave / Night Out Radio
- Saturday night at 11:00pm (Eastern Time) / 8:00pm (Pacific Time) and then again at 3:00am (Eastern Time) / midnight (Pacific Time) on: SRrocks.com (Philadelphia)
- Wednesday night at 9:00pm (Eastern Time) / 6:00 (Pacific Time) on: Rok Out Radio (Scranton, PA)
- Wednesday night at 9:00pm (Pacific Time) / midnight on: Seattle Wave / Night Out Radio
Powered by Facebook Comments